Monday, May 25, 2009

Blue Bird of Happiness




One of my favourite pastimes for many, many years has been to go to opportunity shops (charity shops, thrift stores). I think I may've mentioned this in my previous blog on quilting. I am currently in the process of trying to turn this hobby into a business, but I'll tell you a little more about that when it's a little more on its feet. For now, simply behold the joy of op-shopping! I just happened to be walking past one of my local op-shops and saw this little fella in the front window. And only $3! The op-shop didn't open for another hour so I went home, had lunch and then came back and quequed up (yeah, I know - but other people were queueing too), waiting for the doors to open. When they did, in I dashed and snapped him up. All their very best goodies were obviously in the front window, because by the time I left five minutes later, it was empty. He is made of Granna Glass, from Norway, for those of you who like to know these things (like me!) and he certainly cheered up a rather grey and damp Monday.

2 comments:

Mrs Mac said...

BEAUTIFUL! I would have snapped him up, too! I always check out all the charity shops in town. At the moment I am looking for a plain white shirt. Cotton, not linen. Preferably with a check pattern in the material. You know, one of those big shirts that you can roll the sleeves up and wear on its on or over a smaller top. You'd think they would be everywhere but I can't find one, not new or secondhand! Anyway this is my current target. LOL!! But I always look over their books, ornaments and ceramics, and have a look through the soft toys, just in case any of them are wearing clothes that my Bob T Bear would fit!

Feronia said...

That's funny - I keep seeing shirts fitting that description in the op shops here! Shame we're not a little geographically closer!!