Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Summer Solstice


In the Southern Hemisphere, we are celebrating Summer Solstice, or Midsummer. Our weather has not been too overwhelmingly hot as yet, although 36 degrees celsius is predicted for tomorrow. Summer Solstice is a time of rejoicing, of celebrating life in all its fullness. 2009 hasn't been a great year for me, but it has been an important time of learning and reflection. A number of the issues which have troubled me this year (and, in some cases, for many years past) have come to something of a crisis point of late. So, while my own inclination is towards Winter Solstice - of still being in the dark, but waiting hopefully for the light - I am also grateful for Midsummer and all the bursting promise and fullness yet to come.
PS Apologies for the predominance of Net-sourced images of late - my camera is on strike.

7 comments:

distelfliege said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
distelfliege said...

I loved to read about summer solstice in the middle of winter here in the northern hemisphere!
I immediately envisioned summer, sun, flowers, fields of wheat... thanks!
I hope your times will be good very soon and your crisis will come to a good end. I've had a hard time as well in 2009 and I feel things are relaxing and problems are being solved right now.

Stardust said...

Hey...

Sorry to hear that 2009 isn't all that good, but I'd like to think that the coming days are making things better! Wishing for peace in your heart and may whatever bothering you be resolved really soon. Let's have faith with each tomorrow.

Feronia said...

To distelfliege -

Glad to bring a bit of sun into your cold Northern world! I too feel that I am addressing some of the problems head-on right now which will hopefully make for a brighter 2010. Thanks for your thoughts :)

To Stardust -

Thanks for your lovely words. Having faith is exactly what I need to do :)

Pina said...

And we, here in the northern hemisphere are looking forward to longer days, although the winter is yet to start. :)

I am sure that the next year will be a good one for both of us! Let it come! Hugs.

Feronia said...

Absolutely, Pina - let it come! All we can do is maintain our hope for better times.

Bodecea said...

Hi Feronia,

don't know if you already got my last mail - if not, I wish you peaceful days, too!

2009 was a very hard year for many people I know and not so easy for me, too; next year will be better, I am sure!

Best
Bodecea

PS: Hi Distel! :-)