Friday, February 12, 2010

The Perfect Storm

We had the most tremendous storm yesterday afternoon. The air had been heavy with humidity for a number of days but yesterday morning I watched as birds took to the skies to find a safe haven and ants scuttled across the ground, moving their goods to higher spots. Something was brewing. And sure enough, it broke spectacularly with a good half hour of pouring rain, brilliant flashes of lightning and fearsomely wonderful thunderclaps which shook our windows. From the safe confines of the house, I was able to watch this awe-inspiring display of nature and then, as things slowed down, thank it for filling our water tanks and nourishing the plants with a much needed drink.

2 comments:

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

WOW that sownds like wat yu see in spooky films!!!

I don't like thunder.
I AM brayve, but I jus don't like it. I just prefer to observe it from inside a cubberd, or or or the pant dror. S'all.

:@}

Feronia said...

My good friend Woolley B. Bear is with you on that, Bob. He had to sit in my lap while the storm was in progress.