Monday, June 21, 2010

This blanket of snow


Apologies for my absence of late. Various things have come together to get in the way of blogging. My computer died and so we had all the slow tedium of organising and setting up a replacement. Then we discovered that the new camera software was not working on the new computer so all of the photos I had been taking for the blog were not uploading. Added to these techie woes, it is in the depths of winter here and cold. Not cold I realise by European standards but as cold a winter as we've had for some time. So now I have a chest infection to top things off! But enough whimpering. Winter is a part of the year's cycle and we have to make the best of it somehow. If only I had a fraggle to knit me a blanket...

5 comments:

Diana Kennedy said...

Oh, get well soon! Repiratory infections can be very nasty! Make yourself a warming bottle!

Pina said...

I hope you will be fine soon!

And yes, our winters are long and cold. Our winter starts in October and lasts until April, so it is a long time to go... I can hardly wait it gets warmer, we have 15-18 degrees again...

Feronia said...

@ Diana & Pina -
Thank you for your kind words! I am taking antibiotics, cough syrup, honey & lemon drinks - the works!

Bodecea said...

Feronia - I think you get ill too often... ever tried the "Kneipp Kur"? Found a page with very nice old-fashioned pictures:

http://www.kneipp-meilen.ch/Wie%20Kneippen.htm

Feronia said...

@ Bodecea -

Yes, winter seems to be an especially bad time for me & illness. I think other long-term conditions are possible predisposing me to things like this too. The Kneipp ideas are interesting - thanks for the link :)