Monday, August 30, 2010

Kitchening


I am growing a few herbs in the garden at the moment - dill, oregano, thyme, sage - but I am never quite sure what to do with them beyond dropping a few leaves in with pasta sauce. A number of my favourite bloggers seem to do wonderful things with herbs. I'd love to hear some of your favourite recipes!

Also has anyone else got the Kripalu Kitchen cookbook? I found a copy in the op-shop and it looks great - I am trying the Ukranian Goulash from it tonight. What have you got planned for dinner tonight?

4 comments:

Bodecea said...

I drop some herbs in every (salty) food :-) - but very tasty is quark (soft white cheese) with herbs (& salt, garlic and a spice calles "fenugreek"). I eat this often with potatoes. When you mix the (low-fat) quark with a bit mineral water, it tasts better.

Feronia said...

That sounds very yummy :) I wish we could get quark here...I guess cottage cheese is similar?

Diana Kennedy said...

Dill is very fine with fish!

I had Zukes and potatoes today.

Feronia said...

Thanks Diana - I will give dill a go with some fish :) How do you cook your potatoes? What's your favourite way of preparing them?