Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lost and Found

I have been happy to rescue and resuscitate a few objects this week. I ran over the geranium stem above when I was backing the car out of the driveway the other day. Not only has it recovered but it is now flowering!

I love foxes and have been doing some reading about them lately. It was definitely an omen that I found this forlorn little fellow in the thrift store on Monday.

While we were out walking last night, I found two shelving units like the one above discarded on the curb as part of the area's annual hard rubbish collection. I have converted the one below into a 'bookshelf extension' for a pre-existing bookshelf in our living room and I am still thinking about what to do with the larger one above.


Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

3 comments:

T. said...

Oh my, such a lovely shelve - and already filled ^^
If just I had more space left. i could use one more, too...

Bodecea said...

I have found a kind of oriental ottoman (?) in the hard rubbish colelction yesterday and thozught... but I'll write it down in my blog later!

Feronia said...

@ Sefarina -

Yes, it's nice isn't it! Amazing what people throw out... Every spare space gets filled *very* quickly around here!

@ Bodecea -

Sounds nice! I love hard rubbish collections :)