Thursday, November 25, 2010

Crying over you







I like to have a good cry. Don't misunderstand me - I don't like to be unhappy - but I like a good cry when it's not for real - that is, when I'm crying over a sad movie. Why? I'm not sure. It's an opportunity to release emotion, I guess, which sometimes I have a tendency to repress. My mother tells me that even when I was a baby, hearing another baby cry would set me off. So maybe I'm a sympathy crier? But why am I telling you all this? Because today I've picked out three truly blubber-worthy clips - first, The Bridges of Madison County, second Brief Encounter and third, An Affair to Remember. Oh my. Especially Bridges. My DH is embarrassed to watch that one with me. Do you love a good cinema sniffle?

4 comments:

Bodecea said...

I am not very sentimental... but I cried at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjnvW3DHrmo

(Ok, I was 12 or so than...)

And I remember crying in a similar age about some scenes of "North and South" (Patrick Swayze!!!).

Bodecea

Feronia said...

Awww... :) "North & South" - I'm assuming that was about the American Civil War?

Diana Kennedy said...

I am extremly sentimental but I hate to show it. I do any effort not crying at a movie when I am not alone. If I am alone, I like to let the tears flow.

Feronia said...

I am becoming more like that, Diana. Got to be at home before I'll cry over a movie!