Monday, February 7, 2011

Let them eat cake

Used a basic teacake recipe from The Australian Women's Weekly 100 Favourite Cakes cookbook and added some dried fruit for this one. Looks like I was a bit stingy on the fruit in this photo, but the generous shake of the packet that went into the mixture is in there. Somewhere. I promise. This cake was nearly a Viennese Coffee Cake, until I discovered I had no buttermilk. Then it was nearly a fruit twist until the thought of separating out, rolling and then plaiting 3 lumps of dough freaked me out. Then it was nearly a Cinnamon-Apple Cake until I realised our cinnamon was well past use-by and looked a bit ill. But despite its checkered beginnings, my dried fruit teacake has nonetheless proved to be a success with the eaters of the household.

2 comments:

T. said...

It's the Love that gives the taste ;-)

Feronia said...

What a beautiful way of looking at it, Sefarina! :)