Monday, March 21, 2011

Desperately Romantic Teaser


I got this idea from the wonderful Sullivan McPig over at - http://thetravelsofsullivanmcpig.blogspot.com/ It should really be played on a Tuesday since it's called Teaser Tuesday but since I have started reading this great book on the weekend, I thought I would play it today. First, you post two 'teaser' sentence from a random page in the book you're currently reading and then the book's title and author. Want to play along?

"I was thinking of you and your brother, and wishing that I could see you and hoping so much that you were better: then I began to wonder how our three lives would run on together, and then, all of a sudden, I felt so strange!"

Page 257 of Desperate Romantics by Franny Moyle. It's about the Pre-Raphaelite art movement and I thought it would be a bit dry but it's really engagingly written. It was recently made into a tv series (as you can see from the book cover above).

5 comments:

Bodecea said...

http://lesenlesen.blogspot.com/2011/03/hegemann-axolotl-roadkill.html

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Mummy is reeding a Ruth Rendell book. I jus arskt her the title but she carnt remember, but she sez it is a Inspector Wexford wun.

I am reeding A Brief History of Pants by Phillip Reeve and Kjartan Poskitt.

Feronia said...

@ Bodecea -

I'll check it out. Anything with axolotl roadkill in the title has got me curious :)

@ Bob -

I like murder mysteries. Does Mummy read Ian Rankin? A Brief History of Pants sounds good. When were pants invented?

DILLY said...

Dilly do book reevoo!!
Come see!

¬"

Feronia said...

Hewo Dilly!! I go see... :)