Monday, March 19, 2012

Saturday nights in

Usually my husband cooks the mains and I am in charge of cakes, biscuits, puddings and other such desserty things. On Saturday night, though, I thought I'd give my new cookbook - Russian, German & Polish Food & Cooking by Catherine Atkinson and Trish Davies - a bit of a go. A lot of it was cooked in butter so it's all probably 'sometimes food' as they say on Sesame Street. But, it has to be said, cooking in butter makes things very tasty and it all turned out quite yummily, even if the chef says so herself. Potato pancakes, braised celery with cheese and asparagus. Not too bad at all. I am yet to convince my husband to try what I have been given to understand is a Russian style of serving tea - black tea with a spoonful of cherry jam mixed in. Personally, I love it.

No comments: